Geophysical investigations of the structure and tectonics of convergent plate boundaries, especially accretionary complexes.
Current Research Activities :
· Seismic investigation of high fluid pressure and deformation in the Barbados Ridge accretionary complex.
· Tectonic erosion of fore-arcs at subduction zones.
· Fluid flow and the formation of brine lakes in the Mediterranean Ridge.
· Formation of mud diapirs and mud volcanoes in convergent margin plate margins.
· Gas hydrates in continental margins.
Professional Affiliations :
FGS, FRAS, Member of AGU and EAGE
Programme Review Group for SOC Challenger Division, 1996 - 2000
ODP Program Planning Group on Gas Hydrates 1998 & 1999
Member of Editorial Boards of Tectonophysics.